Planning on attending Anime Blues 2012 in Memphis? Like anime, cosplay, and anime themed cosplay? Well, well, well! Do we have a treat for you!
We’re always blown away by the costumes we see on the Con circuit, so taking a cue from the success of our MidSouthCon Costume Contest, we want to play Cosplay Bingo with you, and this time there are a few prizes to be won.
This is how it’ll work:
- Click here and print your bingo sheet (or visit our booth at Anime Blues).
- Find cosplay costumers at Anime Blues, snap a picture, and mark off their corresponding tiles on your bingo sheet.
- Get a row of five (horizontally, vertically or diagonally) and you may be a lucky winner!
- Bring your completed sheet (and photographic evidence) to our booth at Anime Blues.
- The first three lucky winners get an exclusive digital download of our upcoming short film Avarice (Available Fall 2012).
Being a little behind the times in the anime world, we called on your, our beloved readers, to fill in the missing spots. Nominations were made on our Facebook Poll and we listened!
Below are three examples of how out of touch I am when it comes to anime:
Vash the Stampede is awesome and I can play the theme song on my guitar, so shut up!
Yup. Half-demon InuYasha was my Brother and I’s guilty pleasure. I think they made eleventy-billion episodes of this, but I don’t know for sure, I lost count after season 432. Seriously, how many pieces did that stupid jewel shatter into? Oh well. All I cared about anyway was watching Sesshomaru do bad-ass stuff.
This is probably why I don’t care about Joss Whedon’s Firefly. Shinichirō Watanabe and co. did the whole western-in-space a good five years before anyone knew who Captain Mal was. Cowboy Bebop drips with style, mystery and humor.
I never finished the series, partly because of this fan-made music video set to The Beatle’s Yesterday (it contained spoilers, sigh…), and partly because my Brother moved out and took his DVDs with him. Someday…