I love Tim Burton. I love Johnny Depp. I have loved their work in the past, but I am really starting to think they need some time apart. I saw Dark Shadows recently, and I was a little disappointed. Are we going to have to see Captain Jack Sparrow in every Johnny Depp film these days? Also, Tim Burton’s stories are starting to feel a little dry. I’ve actually been bored in the last few films he has made.
I think the last Tim Burton film I really liked was Big Fish, and I kind of wonder if the reason I liked that one was because it had different actors in it. I think sometimes a change can be a good thing. Let’s hear some of your comments. I want to know if I am the only one thinking this.
Recent films that Johnny Depp and Tim Burton have paired up for:
- Dark Shadows
- Alice in Wonderland
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
- Corpse Bride
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Older films that Johnny Depp and Tim Burton have paired up for:
- Sleepy Hollow
- Ed Wood
- Edward Scissorhands
- Is there a noticeable difference between their older films and newer films?
- Do you think that they are still putting out good work?
- Did Dark Shadows live up to the old tv show it was based on or did it fall short?
- Which of these films was the best and which was the worst in your opinion?
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory