Rising Fyre’s J Lazarus Hawk, Jamie Hall, and Marcus Kent Hamson took a few minutes (ok, a few hours) to talk with the Timid Monster team about our projects, past, present, and future, on their web-show IN FRAME.
In this episode, we share how we got started, what inspires us, what it’s like to be filmmakers in Memphis, where we’re going with Timid Monster, and many other things.
If you don’t have time for the full two-hour interview, here’s the highlights:
- 2:32 – Dan shares how he got into filmmaking and his first project shot in Memphis.
- 9:35 – Dan and Katie share how they met, Dan goes Tom Cruse, Katie shares social media strategy, and we all talk about balancing family and filmmaking.
- 22:40 – Dan shares his filmmaking influences, his penchant for physical effects, and the challenges of independent film.
- 39:50 – Rachel joins the conversation and talks Avarice, how she met Dan, and first films.
- 56:05 – Rachel recounts the drama of the Avarice premiere at Memphis Comic and Fantasy Convention.
- 1:00:00 – We talk Avarice visual effects and production design.
- 1:13:20 – We talk about the future of Timid Monster and Rising Fyre, sci-fi and fantasy conventions, and independent film.
Thanks again to J Lazarus Hawk, Jamie Hall, and Marcus Kent Hamson for taking the time to chat with us. Be sure and check out their production team, Rising Fyre.